Without a doubt, the king of all Chiropractic patient testimonials is the video testimonial. Recording a short video testimonial from patients is more time consuming than other types of testimonials, but also usually creates the greatest results. Let’s take a closer look at some advantages and disadvantages of the video patient testimonial.
- Time consuming: It takes time to film, edit, and post video testimonials (especially when you are first learning how to do the entire process).
- Expense: Video testimonials require you to invest in some equipment and computer software that you may not already have. This can make the initial expense more than other forms of testimonials.
- Permanent and Not As Easy to Edit: Although they all mean well, patients aren’t familiar with the legal and ethical issues facing the modern Chiropractor. They also may be nervous when in front of a camera. As a result they may say or do things that aren’t in the best interests of your Chiropractic practice. Making minor corrections to a video testimonial is more difficult than text. With a text testimonial you can quickly make minor changes and indicate the changes you made. A video testimonial doesn’t afford this luxury. Editing the middle of a video testimonial may be difficult, may require cutting or cropping, or might even require completely re shooting the testimonial.
- Difficulty: Although not extremely difficult, video testimonials require more effort and knowledge than a basic text or audio Chiropractic patient testimonial.
- Patient Reluctance: Many patients are reluctant to appear on video and thus these patients are less likely to agree to a video testimonial. You may find less people willing to provide a video testimonial versus a text testimonial.
- Trust and Credibility: This is without a doubt the biggest advantage of the video patient testimonial. In fact it’s such a huge advantage it pretty much trumps all off the disadvantages we mentioned above! The social proof value of a video testimonial is much greater than that provided by a text testimonial. As a society we generally place more trust in something we can see and hear firsthand. There is simply no substitute to watching and hearing a person provide their personal account of something. Seeing a patient provide a glowing testimonial of Chiropractic care and your practice is truly priceless.
- Validity: A video testimonial reduces the chances that you can be accused of falsifying or editing the actual content of patient testimonials.
- Requires Less Time and Commitment from your Audience: Let’s face it, we have become an instant gratification society. The general public doesn’t like to read anymore than they have to, especially when it comes to things like advertising. The sad truth is many people will disregard text testimonials simply due to the fact that it requires their time and effort to read.
- Versatility: The video Chiropractic testimonial is highly versatile. It can be used in a variety of different venues and media outlets. Video testimonials can be used on your Chiropractic website, chiropractic blog, in DVDs and other chiropractic marketing materials, in television commercials, on social media accounts and more. Video allows you to be much more creative than text.
- Website Search Engine Optimization and Increased Site Traffic: Prospective patients and the general public aren’t the only ones who value video. Google and other internet search engines love it too! By regularly updating video to popular sites such as YouTube you can improve your Chiropractic website’s position in internet search results and drive visitors to your Chiropractic blog or website. Thanks to Dr. Jason Ulsrud over at RockStar-Chiro for pointing out I should indeed add this to the list of advantages!
These are just a few of the main advantages and disadvantages of the video Chiropractic patient testimonial. What are your thoughts? Do you have something you feel I left off of the list? Let me know by leaving a comment below. I’d be happy to add your input to our discussion and even provide you with the credit! Feel free to leave your comments and feedback in the comment section below.
In our next post we’ll begin taking a look at the actual process of the video testimonial along with tips on how to pull off some of the best Chiropractic video testimonials around!
Until then keep promoting yourselves and our profession!